Avocado Melon Smoothie
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks (about 1 slice)
- Juice from ½ lime (1½ tsp lime juice)
- 1 cup (8 oz) milk, fat-free
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt, plain
- ½ cup 100% apple juice or white grape juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit.
- Scoop out flesh, place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Serve cold. (Holds well in refrigerator up to 24 hours. If made ahead, stir gently before pouring into glasses.)
Tips on how to select and store:
• Look for fresh avocados with uniform fruit appearance that are heavy for their size. Avoid dark blemishes or overly dark fruit. To tell if an avocado is ready for immediate use, gently squeeze the fruit in the palm of your hand. Ripe, ready-to-eat fruit will yield to gentle pressure.
• Place your avocado sideways on the table, cut it lengthwise around the seed. Turn and cut again. Pull apart the four quarters and remove the seed.